MIDDLE EAST TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER ENGINEERING
|M.S., Department of Computer Engineering, Middle East Technical University, 2008|
|B.S., Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Selcuk University, 2004|
Telephone: (90) 312 210 73 71 / 55 45
- Gökçe F., Üçoluk, G., Şahin, E. and Kalkan, S. (2015). Vision-Based Detection and Distance Estimation of Micro Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. Sensors, vol. 15, no. 9, pp. 23805-23846. Open access: Publisher's Website Dataset and supplementary videos .
- Gökçe F., Olgunsoylu S., Üçoluk G., Şahin E., and Kalkan S. (2014). Görüntü İşleme ile Mikro İnsansız Hava Araçlarının Algılanması. Türkiye Otonom Robotlar Konferansi (TORK) 2014, ODTÜ, Ankara, 6-7 Kasim 2014. (in Turkish).
- Gökçe F. and Şahin, E. (2010). The pros and cons of flocking in the long-range "migration" of mobile robot swarms. Theoretical Computer Science, vol. 411, no. 21, pp. 2140-2154..
- Gökçe F. and Şahin, E. (2009). To flock or not to flock: Pros and cons of flocking in long-range "migration" of mobile robot swarms. Proc. of The Eighth International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS'09), pp. 65-72..
- Turgut A.E., Çelikkanat H., Gökçe, F. and Şahin, E. (2008). Self-Organized Flocking in Mobile Robot Swarms. Swarm Intelligence, vol 2, no:2-4, pp. 97-120..
- Turgut A.E., Huepe C., Çelikkanat H., Gökçe F. and Şahin E. (2008). Modelling Phase Transition in Self-Organized Mobile Robot Flocks. Accepted to Sixth International Conference on Ant Colony Optimization and Swarm Intelligence.
- Turgut A.E., Çelikkanat H., Gökçe F. and Şahin E. (2008). Self-Organized Flocking with a Mobile Robot Swarm. Proc. of 7th Int. Conf. on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS 2008), Padgham, Parkes, Müller and Parsons (eds.), May, 12-16., 2008, Estoril, Portugal, pp. 39-46. Available in pdf. Early version available as technical report METU-CENG-TR-2008-01 in pdf.
- Turgut A.E., Gökçe F., Çelikkanat H., Bayındır L. and Şahin E. (2007). Kobot: A mobile robot designed specifically for swarm robotics research. Technical report available as METU-CENG-TR-2007-05 in pdf.
- Turgut A.E., Gökçe F., Çelikkanat H., Bayındır L., Şahin E. (2007). Kobot: Sürü robot çalışmaları için tasarlanmış gezgin robot platformu, Otomatik Kontrol Ulusal Toplantisi TOK'07 (Turkish National Conference on Automatic Control), pages 259-264, 2007. Available as pdf (in Turkish).
I am a member of Kovan Research Lab.
I am currently enrolled in Faculty Development Program ( OYP) on behalf of Suleyman Demirel University.
I participated in a project supported by Turkish Aerospace Industries, Inc.. In this project, we successfully showed that a flock of three UAVs can be navigated in outdoor environments by only providing user control inputs to the leader UAV in the flock.
I participated in a TUBITAK project - Controllable Robotic Swarms (Kontrol Edilebilir Robot Ogullari). In this project, I have mainly worked on the development of a robotic platform, Kobot.