|PINAR KARAGÖZ >
||Data Mining, Machine Learning,
Database Management Systems, Semantic Web, Workflow Systems, Logic Programming
||METU Computer Eng. Department A-404 06800 Ankara Turkey
Add-Drop Approval Schedule
February 19, 2019 Tue. 13.30 - 14.00
February 20, 2019 Wed. 11.00 - 11.30
February 22, 2019 Fri. 14.30 - 15.30
Dynamic Programming Solution to ATM Cash Replenishment Optimization Problem received the best paper award at International Conference on Intelligent Computing and Optimization (ICO 2018).
Analyzing Implicit Aspects and Aspect Dependent Sentiment Polarity for Aspect-based Sentiment Analysis on Informal Turkish Texts, received the best paper award at MEDES 2017. Link here.
Predicting the Location and Time of Mobile Phone Users by Using Sequential Pattern Mining Techniques , is in the shortlist of Wilkes Award 2017. Link here. You can find the paper here.
A Novel Wind Power Forecast Model: Statistical Hybrid Wind Power Forecast Technique (SHWIP) , received 2016 Best Paper Award for the IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics.
Predicting the Location and Time of Mobile Phone Users by Using Sequential Pattern Mining Techniques is in ScienceNode article: Sifting big mobile phone data predicts your next move.
For Erasmus program, outgoing students can find info in the following
Cross OrganizationaRecommendation Generation for Performance Improvement by using Cross-Organizational Process Mining (Plug-In on Prom) Available at Github
(Link at ProM )
Sentimentality and Polarity for the ClueWeb09 Dataset (here)
- Spring 2018-2019
- CENG302 Introduction to Database Management Systems
- CENG514 Data Mining
- CENG488 Special Topics in Comp. Eng: Guided Research
- CENG514 Data Mining
- CENG351 Data Management and File Structures
- CENG770 Advanced Data Mining syllabus
- CENG591 Graduate Seminar
- CENG100 Computer Engineering Orientation
- CENG213 Data Structures
- CENG230 Introduction to Programming
- CENG301 Algorithms and Data Structures
- CENG302 Introduction to DBMS
- CENG491 Computer Engineering Design I
- CENG492 Computer Engineering Design II
- CENG553 Database Management Systems
- Journal Papers
- A. Simsek, P. Karagoz, Wikipedia Enriched Advertisement Recommendation for Microblogs by Using Sentiment Enhanced User Profiles, J Intell Inf Syst (2018). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10844-018-0540-5
- O. Ozdikis, P. Karagoz, H. Oguztuzun, Incremental Clustering with Vector Expansion for Online Event Detection in Microblogs, Social Network Analysis and Mining, 7:56, 2017. (DOI 10.1007/s13278-017-0476-8).
- K. D. Onal, Y. Zhang, I. S. Altingovde, M. M. Rahman, Pinar Karagoz,
A. Braylan, B. Dang, H. Chang, H. Kim, Q. McNamara, A. Angert, E. Banner, V. Khetan, T. McDonnell, A. T. Nguyen, D. Xu, B. C. Wallace, M. de Rijke, M. Lease, Neural information retrieval: at the end of the early years, Information Retrieval Journal, (DOI 0.1007/s10791-017-9321-y)
- M. Mitik, O. Korkmaz, P. Karagoz, I. H. Toroslu, F. Yucel, Data Mining Approach for Direct Marketing of Banking Products with Profit/Cost Analysis, The Review of Socionetwork Strategies, June 2017, Volume 11, Issue 1, pp 17-31
- O. Ozdikis, H. Oguztuzun, P. Karagoz, A Survey on Location Estimation Techniques for Events Detected in Twitter, Knowledge and Information Systems,52:2, pp291-339 (DOI: 10.1007/s10115-016-1007-z)
- M. Ozer, I. Keles, H. Toroslu, P. Karagoz, H. Davulcu, Predicting the Location and Time of Mobile Phone Users bu Using Sequential Pattern Mining Techniques, The Computer Journal, 59(6): 908-922 (2016) (DOI 10.1093/comjnl/bxv075)
- O. Ozdikis, H. Oguztuzun, P. Karagoz, Evidential estimation of event locations in microblogs using the Dempster-Shafer theory. Inf. Process. Manage. 52(6): 1227-1246 (2016)
- E. Sen, I. H. Toroslu, P. Karagoz: Improving the prediction of page access by using semantically enhanced clustering. J. Intell. Inf. Syst. 47(1): 165-192 (2016)
- H. Bagci, P. Karagoz, Context-aware location recommendation by using a random walk-based approach, Knowledge and Information Systems, 2015 (DOI: 10.1007/s10115-015-0857-0)
- A. Mutlu, P. Karagoz , Policy-based Memoization for ILP-based Concept Discovery Systems, Journal of Intelligent Information Systems, 46(1), pp.99-120, 2016 (DOI: 10.1007/s10844-015-0354-7)
- O. Kirmemis Alkan, P. Karagoz , WaPUPS: Web access Pattern extraction under User-defined Pattern Scoring, Journal of Information Science, 42(2): 261-273 (2016) (DOI: 10.1177/0165551515593495)
- O. Kirmemis Alkan, P. Karagoz, CRoM and HuspExt: Improving Efficiency of High Utility Sequential Pattern Extraction, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, 2015 (10.1109/TKDE.2015.2420557)
- M.Ozkan, P. Karagoz, A Novel Wind Power Forecast Model: Statistical Hybrid Wind Power Forecast Technique (SHWIP), IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, volume:11, issue: 2, pp375-387, 2015 (DOI: 10.1109/TII.2015.2396011) (received 2016 Best Paper Award for the IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics)
- G. Vural, B. B. Cambazoglu, P. Karagoz , Sentiment-Focused Web Crawling. TWEB 8(4): 22 (2014)
- M. Sattari, I. H. Toroslu, P. Karagoz, P. Symeonidis, Y. Manolopoulos, "Extended feature Combination Model for Recommendations in Location-based Mobile Services", Knowledge and Information Systems, Volume 44, Issue 3, pp. 629-661, September 2015 (DOI: 10.1007/s10115-014-0776-5)
- A. Mutlu, P. Senkul , "Improving Hit Ratio of ILP-based Concept Discovery System with Memoization", The Computer Journal, vol. 57, No: 1, pp. 138-153, 2014. (doi:10.1093/comjnl/bxs163).
- A. Mutlu, P. Senkul , Y. Kavurucu, "Improving the Scalability of ILP-based Multi-Relational Concept Discovery System through Parallelization", Knowledge-Based Systems, volume:27, 352-368pp, 2012 (DOI: 10.1016/j.knosys.2011.11.001).
- Y. Kavurucu, P. Senkul , I. H. Toroslu, "A Comparative Study on ILP-based Concept Discovery Systems", Expert Systems with Applications, vol:38, issue:9, pp11598-11607, 2011. (DOI: 10.1016/j.eswa.2011.03.038)
- P. Senkul , S. Salin, "Improving Pattern Quality in Web Usage Mining by Using Semantic Information", Knowledge and Information Systems, vol:30, 527-541pp., 2012 (DOI: 10.1007/s10115-011-0386-4).
- D. Canturk, P. Senkul , "Using Semantic Information for Distributed Web Service Discovery", International Journal of Web Science, vol 1, Nos:1/2, 21-35pp, 2011 .
- Y. Kavurucu, P. Senkul , I.H. Toroslu, "Concept Discovery on Relational Databases: New Techniques for Search Space Pruning and Rule Quality Improvement", Knowledge-Based Systems, vol:23, issue:8, 743-756pp, December 2010.(doi:10.1016/j.knosys.2010.04.011.)
L. A. Guner, N. I. Karabacak, O. U. Akdemir, P. Senkul Karagoz, S. A. Kocaman, A. Cengel, M. Unlu, "An open-source framework of neural networks for diagnosis of coronary artery disease from myocardial perfusion SPECT", Journal of Nuclear Cardiology, vol: 17, issue: 3, 405-413pp, June 2010, doi:10.1007/s12350-010-9207-5.
- Y. Kavurucu, P. Senkul , I. H. Toroslu, ILP-based Concept Discovery in Multi-Relational Data Mining, Expert Systems With Applications, vol: 36, issue: 9, Pages 11418-11428, November 2009,
- E. Karakoc, P. Senkul , Composing Semantic Web Services Under Constraints, Expert Systems With Applications, Volume 36, Issue 8, October 2009, Pages 11021-11029, doi: 10.1016/j.eswa.2009.02.098.
- N. K. Cicekli, A. Cosar, A. Dogac, F. Polat, P. Senkul , I. H. Toroslu, A. Yazici, Data management research at the Middle East Technical University, SIGMOD RECORD 34 (3): 81-84 SEP 2005.
P. Senkul, I. H. Toroslu, An Architecture for Workflow Scheduling Under Resource Allocation Constraints, Information Systems, vol 300 issue 5, pp. 399-422, July 2005.
- Book Chapters
- S. Demir, O. Alkan, F. Cekinel, P. Karagoz, Extracting Potentially High Profit Product Feature Groups by Using High Utility Pattern Mining and Aspect based Sentiment Analysis. In High-Utility Pattern Mining: Theory, Algorithms and Applications, edited by Fournier-Viger, P., Lin, J.C.-W., Nkambou, R., Vo, B., Tseng, V.S., Springer, March 2019.
- A. Mutlu, P. Karagoz, Y. Kavurucu, Graph-Based Concept Discovery. In Encyclopedia of Information Science and Technology, Fourth Edition, edited by Mehdi Khosrow-Pour, IGI Global, pp.1974-1983,2018 (DOI: 10.4018/978-1-5225-2255-3.ch171)
- P. Karagoz, H. Oguztuzun, R. Cakici, O. Ozdikis, K. D. Onal, M. Sagcan, Extracting Location Information from Crowd-sourced Social Network Data, European Handbook of Crowdsourced Geographic Information, pp 195-204, Ubiquity Press, London, 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5334/bax.
- I. Keles, M. Ozer, I. H. Toroslu, P. Karagoz, Location Prediction of Mobile Phone Users Using Apriori-Based Sequence Mining with Multiple Support Thresholds. In New Frontiers in Mining Complex Patterns, edited by A. Appice, M. Ceci, C. Loglisci, G. Manco, E. Masciari and Z. W. Ras, Springer, Lecture Notes in Artifical Intelligence, 2015, pp. 179-193. ISBN 978-3-319-17875-2 (Print), ISBN 978-3-319-17876-9 (eBook), DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-17876-9.
- O. Ozdikis, P. Senkul , H. Oguztuzun, Context based semantic
relations in tweets. In State of the Art Applications of Social Network Analysis, edited by F. Can, T. Ozyer and F. Polat, Springer, Lecture Notes in Social
Networks, 2014, pp. 35-52. ISBN: 978-3-319-05911-2 (Print)
978-3-319-05912-9 (Online). DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-05912-9.
- P. Senkul , N. Onder, S. Onder, E. Maden, H. M. Nyew, "Discovering Patterns for Architecture Simulation by using Sequence Mining", in "Pattern Discovery Using Sequence Data Mining: Applications and Studies", pp.212-236,IGI Global,Hershey, 2012 (DOI: 10.4018/978-1-61350-056-9, ISBN13: 9781613500569).
- A. Dogru, P. Senkul , O. Kaya, "Modern Approaches to Software Engineering in the Compositional Era", in "Knowledge Engineering for Software Development Life Cycles: Support Technologies and Applications", pp.1-20, IGI Global, 2011 (DOI: 10.4018/978-1-60960-509-4, ISBN: 978-1-60960-509-4).
- S. Mukherjee, H. Davulcu, M. Kifer, P. Senkul, G Yang,
"A Survey of Logic based Approaches to Workflow Modeling, in "Emerging Applications of Logics in Databases", Springer-Verlag, 2003.
- Dogac, A., Gokkoca, E., Arpinar, S., Koksal, P., Cingil, I., Arpinar, B., Tatbul, N., Karagoz, P., Halici, U., Altinel, M., "Design and Implementation of a Distributed Workflow Management System: METUFlow", NATO-ASI on Workflow Management Systems and Interoperability, Dogac, A., Kalinichenko, L., Ozsu, T., Sheth, A., (Edtrs.), August 1997, pp. 60-90.
- Conference Papers
- F. Ayala-Gomez, B. Kenis, P. Karagoz, A. Benczur, Top-k Context-Aware Tour Recommendations for Groups, Mexican Int. Conf. on Artifical Intelligence (MICAI), Guadalajara, Mexico, Oct 22-27, 2018.
- Y. Arslan, A. Simsek Dilbaz, S. Ertekin, P. Karagoz, A. Birturk, S. Eren, D. Kucuk, Short-Term Electricity Consumption Forecast using Datasets of Various Granularities, ECML/PKDD 2018 Int. Workshop on Data Analytics for Renewable Energy Integration (DARE'18), Dublin, Rep. of Ireland, September, 2018.
- F. Ozer, I. H. Toroslu, P. Karagoz, F. Yucel, Dynamic Programming Solution to ATM Cash Replenishment Optimization Problem, Int Conf. on Intelligent Computing and Optimization, Pattaya, Thailand, Oct. 4-5, 2018.
- A. D. Unsal, H. Tuydes-Yaman, P. Karagoz, Event Related Blog Post Classification by Using Traffic Related Named Entities, Int. Smart Cities Conf (ISC2), Kansan City, USA; Sept 16-19, 2018.
- O. C. Sahin, N. Tatbul, P. Karagoz, Olay Tespiti Problemi icin Akan Veri Isleme Platformu Kullanimi: Avantaj ve Kisitlarin Incelenmesi, UYMS 2018, Istanbul, Turkiye, 10-12 Eylul 2018.
- R. Aktunc, I. H. Toroslu, P. Karagoz, Event Detection by Change Tracking on Community Structure of Temporal Networks, ASONAM-FAB 2018, Barcelona, Spain, August 27-31, 2018.
- M. Ertugrul, P. Karagoz, Movie Genre Classification from Plot Summaries using Bidirectional LSTM, IEEE International Conference on Semantic Computing (ICSC) 2018, Jan 31-Feb 2, 2018.
- I. Batmaz, P. Karagoz, G. Serdar, A Comparative Study on Learning to Rank with Computational Methods, 2017 IEEE International Conference on Big Data, Boston, USA, December 2017.
- B. Kama, M. Ozturk, P. Karagoz, H. Toroslu, M. Kalender, Analyzing Implicit Aspects and Aspect Dependent Sentiment Polarity for Aspect-based Sentiment Analysis on Informal Turkish Texts, MEDES 2017, November 2017.
- H. Erdogan, Y. A. Acar, O. Cinar, E. Surer, P. Karagoz, Ilk Yardim Tekniklerini Ogretme Amacli Tasarlanmis Oyun Tabanli Mobil Platform, USMOS 2018, Ankara, 21-23 Kasim 2017.
- M. B. Ozkan, P .Karagoz, Probabilistic Wind Power Forecasting by Using Quantile Regression Analysis, ECML-PKDD 2017 DARE Workshop, September 2017.
- Talha Yilmaz, Pinar Karagoz, Yusuf Kavurucu, Exploring What Makes It a POI, IEEE Conference on Smart City Innovations (IEEE SCI 2017), August 2017.
- A. M. Ertugrul, B. Velioglu, P. Karagoz, Word Embedding Based Event Detection on Social Media. HAIS 2017: 3-14
- H. Taslioglu, P. Karagoz, Irony detection on microposts with limited set of features. SAC 2017: 1076-1081
- Batuhan Kama, Murat Ozturk, Pinar Karagoz, Ismail Hakki Toroslu, Ozcan Ozay: A Web Search Enhanced Feature Extraction Method for Aspect-Based Sentiment Analysis for Turkish Informal Texts. DaWaK 2016: 225-238
- Ibrahim Ileri, Pinar Karagoz, Detecting User Emotions in Twitter through Collective Classification. KDIR 2016: 205-212
- Merve Mitik, Ozan Korkmaz, Pinar Karagoz, Ismail Hakki Toroslu, Ferhat Yucel: Data Mining Based Product Marketing Technique for Banking Products. ICDM Workshops 2016: 552-559
- Abdullah Dogan, Alev Mutlu, Pinar Karagoz, Cosine Similarity-Based Pruning for Concept Discovery. ISCIS 2016: 90-96
- Hakan Bagci, Pinar Karagoz, Context-Aware Friend Recommendation for Location Based Social Networks using Random Walk. WWW (Companion Volume) 2016: 531-536
- S. Rahimiaghdam, P. Karagoz, A. Mutlu, Personalized Time-Aware Outdoor Activity Recommendation System, ACM SAC SONAMA 2016, April 2016.
- O. Yilmaz, P. Karagoz, Generating Performance Improvement Suggestions by using Cross-Organizational Process Mining, SIMPDA 2015, Vienna, Austria, December 2015.
- K. D. Onal, I. S. Altingovde, P. Karagoz, Utilizing Word Embeddings for Result Diversification in Tweet Search, AIRS 2015, Brisbane, Australia, December 2015.
- C. Er Koksoy, M. B. Ozkan, S. Buhan, T. Demirci, A. Birturk, P. Karagoz, Improved Wind Power Forecasting Using Combination Methods, ICMLA, December 2015.
- M. Sagcan, P. Karagoz, Toponym Recognition in Social Media for Estimating the Location of Events, ICDM Workshop on Event Analytics Using Social Media (EASM), Atlantic City, USA, November 2015.
- H. Bagci, P. Karagoz, Random Walk Based Context-Aware Activity Recommendation for Location Based Social Networks, IEEE/ACM International Conference on Data Science and Advanced Analytics (DSAA'2015), October 2015.
- T. F. Yilmaz, P. Karagoz, Metaheuristic Based Automated Evaluation Method for Public Investment Projects, 13th Int. Symposium on Opearional Research (SOR 15), September 23-25, 2015.
- K. D. Onal, P. Karagoz, Named Entity Recognition from Scratch on Social Media, ECML-PKDD, MUSE Workshop, September 2015.
- C. E. Koksoy, M. B. Ozkan, D. Kucuk, A. Bestil, S. Sonmez, S. Buhan, T. Demirci, P. Karagoz, A. Birturk, Performance Analysis of Data Mining Techniques for Improving the Accuracy of Wind Power Forecast Combination, ECML-PKDD, DARE Workshop, September 2015.
- C. Abay, A. Mutlu, P. Karagoz, A Graph-Based Concept Discovery Method for n-ary Relations, DaWak 2015, Valencia, Spain, September 2015.
- C. Abay, A. Mutlu, P. Karagoz, A Path-Finding Based Method for Concept Discovery in Graphs, Int Conf. on Information, Intelligence, Systems and Applications (IISA), Corfu, Greece, July 2015.
- D. Karatay, P. Karagoz, User Interest Modeling in Twitter with Named Entity Recognition, WWW Conference Making Sense of Microposts workshop (#Microposts2015), Florence, Italy, May 2015.
- E. Esgin, P. Karagoz, Dynamic Scoring-based Sequence Alignment Adaptation for Process
Diagnostics, IEA/AIE 2015, Seoul, South Korea, June 2015.
- A. Simsek, P. Karagoz , Sentiment Enhanced Hybrid TD-IDF for Microblogs, SocialCom 2014, 311-317pp, Sydney, Australia, December 2014.
- M. Ozer, I. Keles, I. H. Toroslu, P. Karagoz, S. Ergut,
Predicting the next location change and time of change for mobile phone users, Third ACM SIGSPATIAL International Workshop on Mobile Geographic Information Systems (MobiGIS), 51-59pp., Texas, USA, November 2014.
- A. Mutlu, A.Dogan, P. Karagoz, Utilizing Coverage Lists as a Pruning Mechanism for Concept Discovery, ISCIS 2014, Krakow, Poland, October 2014.
- I. Keles, M. Ozer, I. H. Toroslu, P. Karagoz, S. Ergut, Location Prediction of Mobile Phone Users using Apriori-based Sequence Mining with Multiple Support Thresholds, ECML-PKDD Workshop on New Frontiers in Mining Complex Patterns (NFMCP 2014), Nancy, France, September 2014.
- A.E. Yilmaz, P. Karagoz , Improved Genetic Algorithm based Approach for QoS Aware Web Service Composition, International Conference on Web Services (ICWS 2014), Alaska, USA, July 2014.
- A. Gun, P. Karagoz , A Hybrid Approach for Credibility Detection in
Twitter, Hybrid Artifical Intelligence Systems (HAIS 2014), Salamanca, Spain, June 2014.
- K. D. Onal, P. Karagoz, Improving Efficiency of Sequence Mining by Combining First Occurrence Forest (FOF) Strategy and Sibling Principle, Int. Conf. on Web Intelligence, Mining and Semantics (WIMS 2014), Thessaloniki, Greece, June 2014.
- K. D. Onal, P. Karagoz, Extracting Multi-Item Sequential Pattern by WAP-Tree Based Approach, International Conference on Web Information Systems and Technologies (WEBIST), Spain, June 2014.
- P. Karagoz , S. Utku, Testing Discovered Web Services Automatically, International Conference on Web Information Systems and Technologies (WEBIST), Spain, June 2014.
- K. D. Onal, P. Karagoz , R. Cakici, Turkce Twitter Gonderilerinde Lokasyon Tanima (Toponym Recognition on Turkish Tweets, SIU 2014, Trabzon, Turkey, April 2014
- E. Esgin, P. Karagoz , Confidence-Aware Sequence Alignment for Process Diagnostics, The 9th International Conference on SIGNAL IMAGE TECHNOLOGY an INTERNET BASED SYSTEMS (SITIS) Workshop on Data-Driven Process Discovery and Analysis (SIMPDA), Kyoto, Japan, December 2013.
- O. Ozdikis, H. Oguztuzun, P. Karagoz, Evidential Location Estimation for Events Detected in Twitter, ACM SIG Spatial/GIS Workshop on Geographic Information Retrieval (GIR), Orlando, USA, November 2013.
- M. Ozer, I. Keles, I. H. Toroslu, P. Karagoz , Predicting the Change of Location of Mobile Phone Users, SIG Spatial GIS Workshop on MobiGIS, Orlando, USA, November 2013.
- Z. Boynukalin, P. Karagoz, Emotion Analysis on Turkish Texts, International Symposium on Computer and Information Sciences (ISCIS), 159-168pp., Paris, France, October 2013.
- A. Mutlu, P. Karagoz, A Counting-based Heuristic for ILP-based Concept Discivery Systems, International Conference on Hybrid Artificial Intelligence Systems (HAIS), Salamanca, Spain, September 2013.
- O. Kirmemis Alkan, P. Karagoz, Extracting Sequential Patterns Based on User Defined Criteria, International Conference on Hybrid Artificial Intelligence Systems (HAIS), Salamanca, Spain, September 2013.
- E. Esgin, P. Karagoz, Sequence Alignment Adaptation for Process Diagnostics and Delta Analysis, International Conference on Hybrid Artificial Intelligence Systems (HAIS), Salamanca, Spain, September 2013.
- A. Mutlu, P. Karagoz, A Hybrid Graph-based Method for Concept Rule Discovery, DAWAK, 327-338pp., Prague, August 2013.
- M. B. Ozkan, D. Kucuk, E. Terciyanli, S. Buhan, T. Demirci, P. Karagoz, A Data Mining-Based Wind Power Forecasting Method: Results for Wind Power Plants in Turkey, DAWAK, 268-276pp.,Prague, August 2013.
- P. Alper, K. Belhajjame, C. A. Goble, P. Karagoz, Small Is Beautiful: Summarizing Scientific Workflows Using Semantic Annotations, IEEE Big Data, July 2013.
- O. Kirmemis Alkan, P. Karagoz , Assisting Web Site Navigation Through Web Usage Patterns, IEA/AIE 2013, pp.161-170, Amsterdam, Holland, June 2013.
- P. Alper, K. Belhajjame, C. A. Goble, P. Karagoz, Enhancing and abstracting scientific workflow provenance for data publishing. EDBT/ICDT Workshops 2013: 313-318.
- A. G. Vural, B. B. Cambazoglu, P. Senkul, "Sentiment-Focused Web Crawling", CIKM 2012, Hawaii, USA, October 2012.
- M. Sattari, I. H. Toroslu, P. Senkul, M. Manguoglu, P. Symeonidis, Y. Manolopoulos, "Geo-activity Recommendations by using Improved Feature Combination", UbiComp Workshop On Location-Based Social Networks (LBSN 2012), Pittsburgh, USA, September 2012.
- S. Kilic, P. Senkul, I. H. Toroslu, "Clustering Frequent Navigation Patterns from Website Logs by Using Ontology and Temporal Information", ISCIS 2012, Paris, France, October 2012.
- O. Kirmemis, P. Senkul, "New Techniques for Adapting Web Site Topology and Ontology to User Behavior", ISCIS 2012, Paris, France, October 2012.
- A. G. Vural, B. B. Cambazoglu, P. Senkul, Z. O. Tokgoz, "A Framework for Sentiment Analysis in Turkish: Application to Polarity Detection of
Movie Reviews in Turkish", ISCIS 2012, Paris, France, October 2012.
- B. D. Gunel, P. Senkul , "Integrating Semantic Tagging with Popularity Based Page Rank for Next Page Prediction", ISCIS 2012, Paris, France, October 2012.
- A. Mutlu, P. Senkul , "Improving Hash Table Hit Ratio of an ILP-based Concept Discovery System with Memoization Capabilities", ISCIS 2012, Paris, France, October 2012.
- O. Ozdikis, P. Senkul, H. Oguztuzun, "Semantic Expansion of Hashtags for Enhanced Event Detection in Twitter", VLDB Workshop on Online Social
Systems (WOSS 2012), Istanbul, Turkey, September 2012.
- O. Ozdikis, P. Senkul, H. Oguztuzun, "Semantic Expansion of Tweet Contents for Enhanced Event Detection in Twitter", ASONAM 2012, Istanbul, Turkey, August 2012.
- D. Canturk, P. Senkul, Ontology-based Routing of Web Services in Distributed Service Discovery System Containing Domain Specific Nodes, International Symposium on Computers and Communications (ISCC 2012), July 2012.
- E. Askaroglu, P. Senkul, Automatic QoS Evaluation Method forWeb Services, International Symposium on Computers and Communications (ISCC 2012), July 2012.
- S. Utku, P. Senkul, Alana Ozgu Web Servis Kesif Sistemlerinde Web Servislerin Test Edilmesi, UYMS 2012, Mayis 2012.
- O. Ozdikis, P.Senkul, S. Sinir, Confidence-Based Incremental Classification for Objects with Limited Attributes in Vertical Search, IEA-AIE 2012, June 2012.
- A. Mutlu, P.Senkul, Y. Kavurucu, Tumevaran Mantik Programlama tabanli Kavram Keşif Sistemleri için Paralel bir Yontem, Basarim 2012, Nisan 2012.
- B.D. Gunel, P. Senkul , Investigating the Effect of Duration, Page Size and Frequency on Next Page Recommendation with Page Rank Algorithm, Int. Conf. on Web Search and Data Mining (WSDM) Workshop on Web Search and Click Data (WSCD), February 2012, Seattle, USA.
- A. Mutlu, P. Senkul , Y. Kavurucu, MPI-based Parallelization for ILP-based Multi-Relational Concept Discovery, ICMLA 2011, Dec 2011, Hawaii, USA
- P. Symeonidis, A. Papadimitrou, Y. Manolopoulos, P. Senkul, I. Toroslu,
Geo-social Recommendations based on Incremental Tensor Reduction and Local Path Traversal, ACM SIGSPATIAL International Workshop on
Location-Based Social Networks (LBSN 2011), November 2011, Chicago, IL, USA
- E. Askaroglu, P. Senkul , Alana Ozgu Web Servis Kesif Sistemlerinde Otomatik Servis Kalitesi Hesaplama Yontemi, Ulusal Yazilim Muhendisligi Sempozyumu (UYMS 2011), pp 134-140, 26-28 Eylul 2011.
- H. Ozdil, P. Senkul , Alana Ozgu Web Servis Kesif Sistemleri icin Servis Sorgulama Dili ve Arayuzu, Ulusal Yazilim Muhendisligi Sempozyumu (UYMS 2011), pp 127-133, 26-28 Eylul 2011.
- O. Kirmemis Alan, P. Senkul , IntWEB: An AI-Based Approach for Adaptive Web, IJCAI 9th Workshop on Intelligent Techniques for Web Personalization, July 2011.
- D. Canturk, P. Senkul , Semantic Annotation of Web Services with Lexicon-Based Alignment, IEEE 7th World Congress on Services (Services 2011), 355-362pp., July 2011.
- I. Goler, P. Senkul , A. Yazici, Spatio-temporal Pattern and Trend Extraction on Turkish Meteorological Data, ISCIS 2011, September 2011
- E. Esgin, P. Senkul , Extracting Connection Types in Process Models Discovered by Using From-to Chart based Approach, IEA/AIE 2011, June 2011.
- E. Esgin, P. Senkul , Delta Analysis: A Hybrid Quantitative Approach for Measuring Discrepancies between Business Process Models, HAIS 2011, May 2011.
- H. Yilmaz, P. Senkul , Using Ontology and Sequence Information for Extracting Behavior Patterns from Web Navigation Logs, IEEE ICDM Workshop on Semantic Aspects in Data Mining (SADM'10), Dec 2010.
- A. Mutlu, M. A. Berk, P. Senkul , Improving the Time Efficiency of ILP-based Multi-Relational Concept Discovery with Dynamic Programming Approach,
ISCIS 2010, London, UK, Sept 22-24, 2010.
- E. Esgin, P. Senkul , C. Cimenbicer, A Hybrid Approach for Process Mining: Using From-to Chart Arranged by Genetic Algorithms, HAIS 2010 (LNCS), San Sebastian, Spain, June 2010.
- D. Canturk, P. Senkul, Service Acquisition and Validation In a Distributed Service Discovery System Consisting of Domain-Specific Sub-systems, ICEIS 2010, Madeira, Portugal, June 2010.
- E. Esgin, P. Senkul , Hybrid Approach to Process Mining: Finding Immediate Successors of a Process by Using From-To Chart, Int. Conf on Machine Learning and Applications, pp. 664-668, December 2009.
- L. Guner, N. Ilgun Karabacak, P.Senkul , O. Akdemir, M. Unlu, Artificial Neural Networks May Be a Secondary Aid To Physicians For The Interpretation of Quantitatvive Myocardial Perfusion Studies, Annual Congress of the European Association of Nuclear Medicine (EANM 2009), Barcelona, October 2009.
- S. Salin, P. Senkul , Using Semantic Information for Web Usage Mining Based Recommendation, International Symposium on Computer and Information Sciences (ISCIS 09), pp. 236-241, September 2009.
- Y. Kavurucu, P. Senkul, I.H. Toroslu, Multi-Relational Concept Discovery with Aggregation, International Symposium on Computer and Information Sciences (ISCIS 09), pp. 248- 253, September 2009.
- D. Canturk, P. Senkul , Ozellesmis Web Servis Kesif Sistemi Mimarisi, Ulusal Yazilim Muhendisligi Sempozyumu (UYMS 09), sayfa 19-25, Ekim 2009.
- Y. Kavurucu, P. Senkul , I.H. Toroslu, Analyzing Transitive Rules on a Hybrid Concept Discovery System, International Conference on Hybrid Artificial Intelligence Systems (HAIS 2009), June 2009. (LNCS, Hybrid Artificial Intelligence Systems, volume 5572/2009, pp.227-234, ISSN: 0302-9743 (Print) 1611-3349 (Online), Springer Berlin/Heidelberg, 2009).
- Y. Kavurucu, P. Senkul , I.H. Toroslu, Confidence-based Concept Discovery in Relational Databases, World Congress on Computer Science and
Information Engineering (CSIE 2009), pp.282-286, March 2009.
- Y. Kavurucu, P. Senkul , I.H. Toroslu, Aggregation in Confidence-based Concept Discovery for Multi-relational Data Mining, European Conference on Data Mining (ISBN:978-972-8924-63-8), pp. 43-50, Amsterdam, July 2008.
- P. Senkul, F. Altunyuva, CCTRFlow: Mantik-tabanli Isakisi Modelleme ve Planlama Araci, TBD 2. Istanbul Bilisim Kongresi, pp.201-211, Istanbul, Haziran, 2008.
- Y. Kavurucu, P. Senkul , I. H. Toroslu,
Confidence-based Concept Discovery in Multi-Relational Data Mining,
International Conference on Data Mining and Applications, pp. 446-451, Hong Kong, 19-21 March 2008.
- K. Kardas, P. Senkul ,
Enhanced Semantic Operations for Web Service Composition,
International Symposium on Computer and Information Sciences, Ankara, November 2007.
- L. Guner, P. Senkul ,
Frequent Itemset Mining with Trie Data Structure and Parallel Execution with PVM, EuroPVM-MPI 2007, October 2007 (LNCS-Springer: Recent advances in parallel virtual machine and message passing interface, LNCS 4757, pp. 289–296, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, 2007).
- S. D. Toprak, P. Senkul , Y. Kavurucu, I. H. Toroslu,
A New ILP-based Concept Discovery Method for Business Intelligence,
ICDE Workshop on Data Mining and Business Intelligence, April, 2007.
- E. Karakoc, K. Kardas, P. Senkul , A Workflow-based Web Service Composition System, Int. Conf on Web Intelligence (WI) Workshop on Service Composition, December 2006.
- P. Senkul, Web Service Construction by Using a Logical Formalism, ICDE Workshop on Semantic Web and Databases, No:56, April 2006.
- P. Senkul, Modeling Composite Web Services by Using a Logic-based Language, Second Italian Workshop on Semantic Web Applications and Perspectives, Trento, Italy, December 2005.
- P. Senkul, M. Kifer, Ismail H. Toroslu,
"A Logical Framework for Scheduling Workflows Under
Resource Allocation Constraints", in 28th Conference on Very Large Database Systems (VLDB), Hong Kong, August 2002.
"Adding Constraints to Logic-Based Workflows to Obtain Optimized
Schedules", in Proc. of Conference on Extending Database Technology
PhD Workshop, Konstanz, Germany, March 2000.
- P. Karagoz, S. Arpinar, P. Koksal, N. Tatbul, E. Gokkoca, A.Dogac,
"Task Handling in Workflow Management Systems"
in Proceedings of International Workshop
on Issues and Applications of Database Technology, IADT'98, Berlin, July 1998.
- Tatbul, N., Nural, S., Karagoz, P., Cingil, I., Gokkoca, E., Altinel, M.,
Koksal, P., Dogac, A., Ozsu, T.,
"A Workflow Specification Language and its Scheduler", in Proc. of Intl. Conf. o
n Computer and Information Sciences, Antalya, Turkey, November 1997.
- Completed Theses:
- Ozer Ozdikis (Ph.D., June 2016), Spatio-Temporal Data Mining for Situation Awareness in Microblogs
- Pinar Alper (Ph. D., 2016, The University of Manchester), Toward Harnessing Computational Workflow Provenance for Experiment Reporting (onsite advisor)
- Hakan Bagci (Ph.D., December 2015), Developing Recommendation Techniques for Location-based Social Networks Using Random Walk
- Oznur Kirmemis Alkan(PhD., May 2015), Utility based and User Defined Scoring based Mining of Sequential Patterns
- Gural Vural (Ph.D., September 2013), Sentiment-focused Web Crawling
- Alev Mutlu (Ph.D., January 2013), Improving Scalability and Efficiencency of ILP-based and Graph-based Concept Discovery Systems
- Yusuf Kavurucu (Ph.D., July 2009), ILP-based Concept Discovery Method for Multi-relational Data Mining
- Fatih Kurt (M.Sc., January 2018), Investigating the Performance of Segmentation Methods with Deep Learning Models for Sentiment Analysis on Turkish Texts
- Merve Mitik (M. Sc., September 2017), Product and Channel Prediction for Direct Marketing in Banking Sector
- Ozan Korkmaz (M.Sc. September 2017), Data Mining Approach for Direct Marketing of Banking Products wirg Profit/Cost Analysis
- Talha Yilmaz (M.Sc., May 2017), POI Extraction from Social Media
- Batuhan Kama (M.Sc., September 2016), Feature based Sentiment Analysis on Informal Turkish Texts
- Ali Fatih Gunduz (M.Sc., January 2016), Credibility Analysis on Tweets for News and Discussion Programs by Using a Hybrid Crebility Analysis Method
- Onur Yilmaz (M.S., September 2015), Recommendation Generation for Performance Improvement by Using Cross-Organizational Process Mining
- Ceyda Er Koksoy (M.S., September 2015), Improved Wind Power Forecasting Using Combination Methods) (Co-advisor)
- Shakiba Rahimiaghdam (M.S., August 2015), Personalized Time-aware Outdoor Activity Recommendation System
- Abdullah Dogan (M.S., August 2015), New Heuristics for Performance Improvement of ILP-based Concept Discovery Systems
- Ibrahim Ileri (M.S., August 2015), Collective Classification of User Emotions in Twitter
- Sinem Demirci, Emotion Analysis on Microblogs
- Ceren Abay (M.S., December 2014), Improving the Efficiency of ILP-based and Graph-based Concept Discovery Systems
- Ozge Kisaoglu (M.S. September 2014), Employee Turnover Prediction Using machine Learning based Methods
- Hande Taslioglu (M.S., September 2014), Irony Detection on Turkish Microblog Texts
- Mert Ozer (M.S. July 2014), Predicting the Location and Time of Mobile Phone Users by Using Sequential Pattern Mining Techniues
- Tulug Figen Yilmaz (M.S., August 2014), Metaheuristic Algorithms based Automated Evaluation Method for Public Investment Projects
- Deniz Karatay (M.S., August 2014), Tweet Recommendation Under User Interest Modeling with Named Entity Recognition
- Meryem Sagcan (M.S., August 2014), A Hybrid Method fpr Toponym Recognition on Informal Turkish Text
- Alper Gun (M.S., February 2014), A Hybrid Approach for Credibility Detection in Twitter
- M. Baris Ozkan (M.S., January 2014), Data Mining-based Power Generation Forecast at Wind Power Plants
- Ahmet Erdinc Yilmaz (M.S., September 2013), QoS-based Web Service Composition
- Dilek Onal (M.S., Sept. 2012), A new WAP-Tree based Sequential Pattern Mining Algorith for Faster Pattern Extraction
- Zeynep Boynukalin (M.S., July 2012), Emotion Analysis of Turkish Texts by using Machine Learning Methods
- Banu Deniz Gunel Yanik (M.S., Feb. 2012) Using Semantics for Intelligent Web
- Selma Utku (M.S., Feb. 2012), Service Validation in a Web service Discovery Framework
- Hilal Ozdil (M.S., Sept. 2011), Query Language and Interface for a Web Service Discovery Framework
- Sefa Kilic (M.S., Dec. 2011), Clustering Frequent Navigation Patterns from Website logs Using Ontology and Temporal Information
- Emra Askaroglu (M.S., June 2011), Quality of Service Evaluation and Tracking in a Web service Discovery Framework
- Isil Goler (M.S., Dec 2010), Pattern Extraction by Using both Spatial and Temporal Features on Turkish Meteorological Data
- Hakan Yilmaz (M.S., May 2010), Effect of Ontology and Sequence Information on Web Usage Pattern Extraction
- Engin Maden (M.S., February 2010), Discovering Interesting Patterns for Architechture Simulation
- Eren Esgin (M.S., February 2009 ), A Hybrid Methodlogy in Process Modeling: From-to Chart Based Process Discovery
- Suleyman Salin (M.S., February 2009), Web Usage Mining and Recommendation with Semantic Information
- Karani Kardas (M.S., August 2007), Semantic Processes for Web Service Composition.
- Erman Karakoc, (M.S. April 2007), Modeling and Specification of Composite Web Services Under Constraints
- Fethi Altunyuva (M.S. September 2006), Realization of CCTR Scheduling Tool
- M.Sc Graduation Project
- Alper Celayir (SE M.S. Graduation Project - July 2008), Integrating BPEL into a Web Service Composition Framework
- Ali Yilmaz (CENG M.S. Graduation Project - June 2007), Extending Sequence Mining Algorithms with Semantic Information
- Celen Avci (SE M.S. Graduation Project - May 2007), Design and Development of a Web-based Component Repository
- Levent Guner (CENG M.S. Graduation Project - January 2007) A Performance Study on Paralel Apriori
- Rudi Acikgoz (CENG M.S. Graduation Project - June 2006), An Infrastructure for Reporting Tool
- Orcun Yavuz (SE M.S. Graduation Project - June 2006), User-friendly Interface for Reporting Tool
- Aziz Altun (CENG M.S. Graduation Project - June 2006) Rule-based Helpdesk System
- Aspect-oriented Sentiment Analysis on Product Reviews (2015-2017)
Supported by: Ministry of Science, Industry and Technology (Principle investigator)
- TwiTR- Event Extraction from Social Media and Location Estimation for Events (2013-2015)
Supported by: TUBITAK (Principle investigator)
- Sentiment-focused Web Crawling (2012-2013)
Supported by: TUBITAK (Principle investigator)
- Extracting Behavior Patterns of Mobile Phone Users (2012-2013)
Supported by: Ministry of Science, Industry and Technology (Researcher)
- Data Mining for Web 2.0 (2011- )
Supported by: TUBITAK (Bilateral Collaboration Project, Researcher)
- Ontology Enhanced Web Usage Mining (2009 - 2010)
Supported by: METU
- Intelligent Web: Using Traffic Analysis for Self Adaptive Web (2010 - )
Supported by: TUBITAK
- Middle East Technical University Information Society Technologies - Excellency Center (METU-ISTEC) (2006 - 2007)
Responsibility: Partner responsible for work package 9 , "Developing New Techniques for Web Mining and Semantic Web"
Supported by: TUBITAK
- Scheduling Multiple Instances of Workflows Under Reseource Allocation Constraints (2005-2006)
Supported by: METU
- Modelling and Verification of Workflows (2001-2003)
Supported By: METU
Modeling and Verification of Logic-based Workflow Processes (1999-2002)
Supported By: NSF-TUBITAK