CEng 793 - Advanced Deep Learning - Spring 2017
[Image generated by http://deepdreamgenerator.com/]
This is an advanced graduate class that builds upon CEng 783 (Fall 2016; Spring 2017). The emphasis will be on paper discussion and term project. In the first four or five weeks, we will give an overview of various topics in deep learning, then in the rest of the course, we will be discussing 2-3 papers per week. Each student will present but most importantly, each student will be expected to read the weekly assigned papers before coming to class.
- 02/02/17: Course website is up.
- 02/02/17: First lecture is on Thursday, Feb 23, 2017.
- 17/02/17: Students who want to take this course should come to the first lecture.
Detailed weekly schedule & lecture notes:
Week 1 (Feb 23)
Week 2 (Mar 2)
Week 3 (Mar 9)
Week 4 (Mar 16)
- Project proposals were reviewed and discussed in class.
- Next week's (March 23) papers are:
Week 5 (Mar 23)
Week 6 (Mar 30)
Week 7 (Apr 6)
- HyperNetworks presentation by Engin Deniz Usta.
- Next week's (April 13) papers are:
Week 8 (Apr 13)
- Next week's (April 20) papers are:
Week 9 (Apr 20)
Week 10 (Apr 27)
- Project progress demos.
- Next week's (May 4) papers are:
Week 11 (May 4)
Week 12 (May 11)
Week 13 (May 18)
Week 14 (May 25)
- Discussion on open issues.